Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 16- God's Blessings Magnified

Such an amazing experience it was – our visit in Cape Town. There was so much to gain from this past week. My heart is so full. I just hope that I was able to get everything out of it that God intended.

Just to fill you in on the past few days, we finished the coaching portion of our trip this past Wednesday. The townships, or cities, where we coached were amazing. Witnessing the lifestyle and culture of those kids was, honestly, the most inspiring and life-changing discovery that God has ever blessed me enough to recognize.

However, what was equally as magnificent was the beauty of God’s Creation; which is what we chose to acquaint ourselves with over the next few days. Thursday – Sunday consisted of several tours of the Cape Town landscape, where I, my teammates and my coaches, alike, all got the chance to appreciate the beauty of Cape Town from an entirely new perspective.

After our familiarity with the lifestyles among the townships, everything that we encountered encompassed an intensified splendour and majesty. We went to see the Cape of Good Hope, which establishes the most South-Western point of South Africa; we went shark diving with Great Whites; we went to several of the most amazing, white-sand, beaches that I have ever seen....Honestly, I cannot even begin to describe the grandeur of it all; thus, I will just give you a glimpse through several photos:



...I know, right? How amazing, God is. What is crazy is that many of the people that we have encountered at these townships do not even know that these areas exist; moreover, they never get the chance to encounter the magnificence of their country the way that we have in, just, this past week. Looking back to a few days ago, when I wrote about wanting to just take one of the kids with us on the bus, this is what I meant. If I could have taken just one kid with me to see what we had the chance to see, it might have inspired a sense of hope for that kids that could have possibly changed his or her life forever. And, now whenever I pray, I am praying in the direction of each and every one of those kids. He has given me such a strong heart for them; thus, offering me an even stronger respect for humanity. I praise God for How Awesome He truly is. And I look forward to however He plans to build me, as I journey on this safari.

~Tristan

2 comments:

  1. Just Dope.. Plain dope.. Let me read the post though. Only looked at the pics so far haha.. Wassup bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so Full of Joy and feel so Blessed that you shared every piece of your Beautiful experience with us!! How beautiful and beyond amazing God is so Good and to know that all of this came about from a Vision given to u and placed in your Spirit Trist by God and seeing The Manifestation if it all your mentoring, Heart for all man kind and Drive to speak to multitudes of ppl along with individuals as you allow God to use you to make a difference and change lives!! I praise Him for where you stand now and this very moment and where He has placed you during this Season of ur unfolding and ever so Blessed anointed life! I'm glad I was able to b apart of this trip through your well written and descriptive blogs and hearts expressions on Gods creation all of His hand touched creation

    ReplyDelete